Peter Arrott Dixon, son of George Peleg Dixon and Eleanor Arrott Gardner, was born in New York City. He is married to Joan Wilson Dixon of Mobile, Alabama. The Dixons have one child, Pamela Arrott Dixon.
In his youth, Mr. Dixon attended the American School in Rio De Janiero, and later attended the University of Maryland. Mr. Dixon served with the United States Army for two years. Currently retired, Mr. Dixon enjoyed a career in the National Security Agency, and served in a variety of U.S. Government positions. He was a member of the Cabinet Committee on Education during the Nixon administration.
Mr. and Mrs. Dixon have been residents of the historic district of Alexandria, Virginia for the past forty-four years.
- National Gavel Society
- General Society of Colonial Wars (Gentleman of the Council of the District of Columbia Society)
- St. Andrew's Society of Washington, D.C.
- General Society Sons of the Revolution (President of the District of the Columbia Society)
- Military Order of the Loyal Legion of the United States (former Chancellor- in-Chief)
- General Society of the War of 1812
- Order of Americans of Armorial Ancestry
- Society of the Descendants of the Colonial Clergy
- Military Order of the Foreign Wars of the United States
- Military Order of the World Wars
- Hereditary Order of the Descendants of Loyalists & Patriots of the American Revolution (Flag Captain)
- National Society of the Sons of the American Revolution (former Vice President General)
- National Society, Sons of Colonial New England (Honorary Governor General)
- National Society of Sons of American Colonists (Governor General, two terms)
- National Society Sons and Daughters of the Pilgrims (former Captain General)
- Sons and Daughters of the Colonial and Antebellum Bench and Bar 1585-1861 (former Treasurer General)
- Order of the First Families of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations 1636-1647 (Governor General, two terms)
- Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War (former member of the National Council of Administration)
- The Hereditary Order of the Families of the Presidents and First Ladies of America (founding Secretary General)
- Flagon and Trencher
Mr. Dixon is a member of the American Legion.