Douglas Pigott, Jr.
(Margaret Jean Whittington)
Margaret Jean Whittington Pigott is the daughter of the late
Earle Ligon and Margaret Loucilla Whittington. Mrs.
Pigott was married to Dr. John Douglas Pigott, Jr. for
over sixty-one years, prior to his passing in 2006.
Dr. Pigott, a graduate of
Northwestern Medical School,
practiced surgical oncology for over forty years.
Dr. and Mrs. Pigott have two children. Their
daughter, Deborah Moore resides in St. Louis, Missouri
with her husband, a practicing attorney and their four
children. Their son, Dr. John Douglas Pigott, Jr. is
a cardiovascular surgeon practicing in New Orleans, where
he resides with his wife and two children.
* National Gavel Society
* Order of First Families of Virginia 1607-1624/25
(Honorary President for
* Order of the Crown in America
* Colonial Dames of America
Order of the Crown of Charlemagne in the United States of
* Order of Descendants of Colonial Cavaliers
* Jamestowne Society
* National Society Daughters of the American Revolution
Society of Descendants of Knights of the Garter
* American Friends of Saint George's (board member)
* Huguenot Society of the Founders of Manakin in the
Colony of Virginia
* National Society Magna Charta Dames and Barons
* United Daughters of the Confederacy
* Ligon Family and Kinsman Association (former Treasurer
for over forty
Pigott attends Saint John's Methodist Church, and is past
President and Secretary of the Women's Society. is a
member of the English Speaking Union, the American Cancer
Society, the Memphis and Shelby County Medical Auxiliary,
the Lawn and Country Garden Club, the Memphis Glass
Collectors Club, the Brooks Art Gallery, the Brooks Museum
League, the Dixon Art Gallery and Gardens, and the Women's
Exchange of Memphis.
is a past President of the Parkdale Gardens Club, a past
President of the Coteria Fine Arts Club, and a member of
the Leadership Board of the Baptist Memorial Hospital.