James Whitney Marvin, Jr.
James Whitney Marvin, Jr., a native of Philadelphia, PA,
is the son of James Whitney and Verna Fleming Marvin.
Mr. Marvin is married to Mary Espy Evert Marvin. Mr.
and Mrs. Marvin have five children from previous
marriages: Sara Marvin Terranova; Sally Evert Weingartner; Elizabeth Evert Bart; Patricia Ann Evert;
and Ralph Charles Evert, III
Mr. Marvin was graduated from
Washington & Lee University
in Lexington, VA, with a B.A. in Economics. He received
further education at the
American College of Life
CLU. Mr. Marvin served in the U.S. Army from 1957-1961,
as a Special Agent in the Counter Intelligence Corps.
He is a retired Corporate Sales Executive, Brown &
Bigelow (Advertising Specialties).
Baronial Order of Magna Charta (Past Marshal / President)
* Society of the Sons of St. George of Philadelphia
* Pennsylvania Society of Sons of the Revolution
* Colonial Society of Pennsylvania (former Registrar)
* National Gavel Society
* Swedish Colonial Society
* Saint Andrew’s Society of Philadelphia
* Society of the Friendly Sons of Saint Patrick in the
City of Philadelphia
* Welcome Society of Pennsylvania
* Military Order of Foreign Wars
* General Society of the War of 1812
* Past President, Junior Chamber of Commerce of Philadelphia
* Past President, National Counter Intelligence Corps
* Past President, Delaware County Life Underwriters
* Past Trustee, Philadelphia Foundation for Community Health
* Past Trustee, Magna Carta Trust (London, England)
* Honorable Order of Kentucky Colonels
* Penn Club
Outstanding Young Men of America (1969)